Thursday, February 27, 2014

Artist Profile: Wudstock Richie


Wudstock Richie
age:21
city: Oak Park
area of interest:music

Hey.
So I took a trip up to Oak Park to catch up with one of my oldest friends, Wudstock Richie. Richie has been rapping since he was in middle school and as the years have gone by, rose to the top of the Oak Park rapping community. He's in a rap supergroup called ATBMDMFoo with other Oak Park rappers- most of who he's known since elementary school, coincidently enough. We met in middle school via several classes and a mutual love for hip hop. We've been friends for almost 10 years.

Chilling in his basement after the roach was ashed, Richie and I talk a little bullshit about music and his new EP, Different Day, Same Dream (shortened to DDSD).






When did you start rapping?
I started in 6th grade...I did saxophone class in middle school-thats as musical as I got and I wasn't very serious with that. But my friends around me were rapping, so I had tried it. 

Where do you get your inspiration from?
I don't wanna sound cliche and say 'Oh life inspires me everyday!' But it does, and you know I get inspired by artist I like, new things happening in music, you know sounds I hear- but the human experience is the most inspiring. 

Do you think your up bringing in Oak Park has an influence on the what you rap about?
Yeah definitely. You rap about what you see, your environment- it's not crazy over here in Oak Park...Oak Park's a real cultural place I feel, you see a lot of different ethnicities and people here. Lots of ideas of people just doing different things which is inspirational in itself.




Members of ATBMDMFoo


How would you describe your music?
'The new 2014' sound, I'm feeling very demanding and aggressive on my music, I feel like I wanna shake things up in this industry. Its very rebellious I guess its the feel of it. DDSD is gonna be a little more cooler cause I recorded a while ago. But its still very aggressive and in your face... Honest lyricism is what I go for. 

Where is this aggression stemming from?
Not being famous yet-thats where its stemming from! Things I'm hearing, things I wish I could change, the position I'm in, the voice I wish I had- everything. 



Okay were gonna do a speed round right now, so just say the first thing that comes to your mind.
Ask the Questions!

Favorite food.
Pizza

Best Movie.
Dark Knight

Favorite Place in the World.
Italy! I'm italian so Italy

Song stuck in your head right now.
Berzerk by Eninem. My ringtone. 

City or 'burb life?
'Burb life. I like the suburbs cause its chill...livin' that urban life like a white kid in the burbs. 






Where can we find you?
Twitter--> @Wudstock_Richie
Facebook--> Wudstock Richie
Soundcloud--> Wudstock Richie

-Maya Ru

No comments:

Post a Comment