Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I wanna look like a 90s Calvin Klein Ad.





90s Calvin Klein Ads, from the Vogue Archives



Hey.
Here in Chicago, we have yet to see Spring-- in fact, we've yet to see a week where it has been consistently above 50 degrees. It was even snowing on Monday! So, I haven't really had the opportunity to switch out fall and winter clothes. But when I stumbled upon these old Calvin Klein ads from the 90s, I was majorly inspired by the simplicity of the clothes.


Calvin Klein Collection F/W 2014-- See the Whole Collection HERE, Jeffrey Campbell Sandal $124, and Platform Boot $88,   H&M Maxi Skirt $17, Baseball Jacket $99,
Diesel F/W 2014 See the Whole Collection Here,  Mesh top with two black panels
Tumblr image

I've been restricting my colors, going for a more minimal look, I've even cut down on my layers. Black maxi-skirts/dresses are my shit, and playing with denim is my new obsession. I've also been really into sportswear and mesh-- mesh fabric is almost becoming something of a summer lace. I think I've always gone for a more over the top look in the past, now its time to play it simple.

And I was so against Normcore...


Asos Maxi-Dress, Here

Its still not nice enough to wear sandals here-- boots are kind of a must with all the rain.

1. Acne Oil Slick Boots $629, 2. Rose Gold Buckled Shoe $58, 3. Canvas Boots $68, 4. Dr Martens Devon Boots $169, 5. Adidas Low Top Originals $50

I've got to write paper due in the next 5 hrs,
Bye!
-Maya Ru

PS- I fixed my Pinterest page (was never broken, just abandoned) and put up a new Spring 2014 board if you wanna check it out anything that didn't make it to this post, link is here. Hopefully by my next post I'll have a link on the side bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment